Monday 21 March 2011

GIMME FIVE! - Henry Flint






Chuffed to bits to have Henry taking part in this. He's, quite rightly, regarded as one of THE premier artists, who's imagination and talent seems to know no bounds.
I have to tie my jaw shut with an old napkin before reading each episode of Shakara in the Prog right now as having it hanging open as i study each panel is becoming painful and i keep getting looks.
So, so nice to see he's such a fan of the comics from the era of this Blog and its been hard to restrict the images to just five.
Over to you Henry:

1. WHAT COMICS DID YOU READ WHEN YOU WERE A NIPPER?
Honorary mention to Rupert Annuals and Jack and Jill (Trippy psychedelia probably written and drawn by hippies).
Beano, Dandy, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee (world wide weirdies), Buster, Warlord, Starlord, Starblazer, (80's) Eagle, Mad Magazine, 2000ad. (Too young for Cor, too old for Jackpot.)
2. AND THE FAVOURITE ONE OF THOSE?
2000AD
3. FAVOURITE CHARACTER?
Desperate Dan, Face Ache, Roger the Dodger (Very disappointed when I didn't get a Dodge book for Christmas.) Old One Eye from Flesh. Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein...
4. FAVOURITE ARTIST?
Ken Reid, Jack Davis, Alfred Bestall, Kevin O'Neil, Massimo Belardinelli... to list artists I liked in the 70's early 80's, I could go on and on.
5. IF "THEY" BROUGHT IT BACK, WHAT STRIP WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO WORK ON?
A year ago I'd have said Flesh but that's up and running. I'd like to do Nemesis (again) and I keep plugging for a return of Blackhawk but it's never going to happen.

No comments: